Monday, November 23, 2009

HOLIDAY-WHOBIE-WHATIE

This is exactly how I feel this year! For some reason I don't have very much holiday spirit! Im excited don't get me wrong, but Im just oh so tired! Just thinking about how much there is to do- along with church callings, homework, the freezing weather, and everything else. I just wish there was a day just to stay in bed with nothing to do and no reason what so ever to even get out of my PJ"S. FOR A WEEK! I know I just probably need a good night sleep but even that seems to be gone these days! I still have to pick up ashia from her play tonight and it is 10:00 at night!

Our school has a thing called "HARVEST OF TALENTS" its kind of like reflections-
Addison won 2nd Place- SHORT STORY
Ashlyn won 3rd place- drawing-
but cried all night because for the last two years she has gotten first place. How do you teach them to be good sports and be grateful for what they have! Because her younger sister ANIKA did a drawing for 2nd grade and didnt receive anything.
All the while we had to listen to Ash who was devastated ! "KIDS THESE DAYS- SO DECENSITIZED(?) by movies and other things" (THE GRINCH)

WELL AT LEAST WE HAD FAMILY HOME EVENING TONIGHT!
the kids made the Christmas count down. Where you make a holiday figure- we did santa claus and then you get 24 pieces of chocolate (my FAV) and roll them up in clear wrap and tie a ribbon around each candy so it makes a long chain of candy and we hung it up . The kids cant wait for december 1st to come! BUT I SURE CAN!



3 comments:

JILLIAN said...

HANG IN THERE.
WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE.
I DON'T HAVE ANY WISE WORDS JUST A...................
"ONE DAY YOU WILL LOOK BACK ON THIS AND LAUGH".

The Palmers said...

I'm sorta feeling the same way and I only have 3 kids. Some days I feel better about it....

Brooke said...

Cute post Autumn. The title made me laugh, and my stomach still hurts from laughing so much at the party the other night. So, I just wanted to tell you, I want to send an invite for my blog. If you want, send you email address to whipplemb@yahoo.com
then you can see the crazy crap that goes on in my world. haha
BTW..I agree with Mr. Grinch although he is a mean one..he's got a point. Kids these days, are decensitized..but yet I guess so am I. ;)